Duties & Responsibilities
Candidate must be capable of managing several mid/long-term projects and coordinating resources and customers to achieve project goals. Experience with ERP and remote monitoring software a plus.
- High-level point-of-contact for clients, vendors, partners, and distributors
- Technical design of projects. Works with the Engineering Manager to ensure correct design and scope-of-work for projects
- Training and mentoring junior Engineers
- Escalation point for Service Desk and NOC resources as required
- Write and continuously improve SOPs and other documentation
- Learn other job roles including Service Manager, Engineering Manager act as a backup when necessary
- Business process improvement for service and project delivery
- Obtain and keep current sales-engineer (SE) level partner training and certifications including Cisco, VMware, EMC, Microsoft, and Veeam
- Obtain and keep current high-level knowledge of ConnectWise (ERP) and Labtech (RMM) tools
including work ow design and implementation, reporting, and automation
- Database administration including SQL query manipulation
- Remote Support and Administration
- Anti-virus administration
- IT Security tools and best-practices
- Backup and recovery software
- Record of resolving difficult IT challenges
- In-depth troubleshooting of hardware and OS issues
- VMware Experience
- Mobile device support
- Wired and wireless networking concepts and hardware
Qualification Requirements/Job Specifications
Proven proficiency in all supported products and ability to resolve problems of highest complexity. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills. Proficient at installing and supporting connectivity and high-end systems products efficiently and reliably. Excellent troubleshooting skills. Must maintain certification and demonstrate high level of competence on software and hardware as defined by management.
4 year college degree or equivalent experience & Cisco IOS and ASA Remote Monitoring and Management Tools or active advancement towards these certifications.
4+ years of experience required in a technology environment including advanced systems integration experience.
A clear understanding of present and developing technology trends and the ability to analyze and make decisions regarding the system Integration group. Additionally, strong presentation and written skills are mandatory. Strong teamwork skills are also mandatory.
Ability to communicate effectively with all types of personalities. Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance as defined by cb20’s attendance policy. Ability to meet performance standards as defined by departmental policy.
- Working time: Minimum 40 hours/week. All other times as defined by the demands of the customers and department needs.
- Physical Dexterity: Must be able to travel and attend appointments on a daily basis.
- Working Conditions: Requires substantial movement.
- Psychological Stress Factors: System Integration duties require excessive concentration. Customer satisfaction at all costs may be stressful to some individuals.
- Lifting/Carrying: Typically, no lifting in excess of 60 lbs.