Duties & Responsibilities
This role is responsible for managing and reporting on project financial health. A successful Project Manager 1 will have experience with IT fundamentals and have a willingness to learn new technologies. This role reports within the Project Management Office.
- Act as the single point of contact for customers
- Manage the day-to-day operations of multiple projects
- Communicate to project stakeholders, set expectations, and run project meetings
- Present options to overcome project issues and mitigate risks
- Maintain project schedules, cost, and scope
- Provide accurate and extensive project documentation including status reports, project plans and diagrams
- Lead project teams in a matrix resource environment
- Other duties as assigned
This list of principal responsibilities is a working document and as such may not be complete. The list will be supplemented as necessary.
- Demonstrated record of executing successful IT projects on-time and on-budget
- Experience working with PMI principles and a deep understanding of project phases
- Experience working with customers, setting expectations and relationship building
- Ability to coordinate and lead large teams
- Experience working in high-pressure environments, SLA-driven projects and strict deadlines
- Experience working in a matrix resource environment
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Project or Smartsheet
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment and demonstrated ability to use business judgement
- PMP or CAPM certification (or matriculating towards a certification)
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and IT business solutions
- Experience working with Earned Value and budget analysis techniques
A successful Project Manager 1 will have a bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of project management experience, with at least 2 years of managing complex IT projects. 5 years of enterprise IT project management experience will be considered to replace the educational requirement.