Duties & Responsibilities
A Managed Services Escalation Engineer develops training and applies best practice techniques for the Managed Services team. This role is responsible for providing high level engineering escalation support for the team and acts as a technical knowledge escalation point providing a high level of professionalism and day-to-day customer service.
- Acts as an incident and problem manager for major outages
- Responsible for the Customer Journey experience from Day 0 – Day 2
- Work with the customer on site during onboarding and incident escalations as needed
- Is a technical knowledge escalation and subject matter expert point for the team
- Triages and resolves high level escalated tickets
- Oversees onboarding of new customers from a technical and documentation perspective and helps to complete the work
- Supports new customers through first 90 days after go live:
- Helps with walkthrough during presales process
- Tightens up processes and documentation missed during onboarding
- Handle customer and technical escalations
- Bridges the gap between onboarding and ongoing support turnover
- Develops technical training and mentors’ team for best practices of the Support Center and Managed Services
- Helps to make customer onboarding run smoothly.
- Solve technically complex, strategic, high-profile, or long-running customer issues
- Assists in automation and efficiency practices for Managed Services
- Participates as an on call technical escalation point
- Assists and oversees tool development
- Oversees the customer experience feedback loop
- Participates in solutioning technology for customers that originate in the Support Center
- Works to have technology best practices in place for managed services customers that are included in their service
This list of principal responsibilities is a working document and as such may not be complete. The list will be supplemented as necessary.
- 8+ years with IT engineering experience.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Industry expertise with enterprise infrastructure solution development (physical compute, networking, storage, or data center concepts)
- MCSE\MCITP certificate or equivalent knowledge
- Working experience building, troubleshooting, and maintaining VMWare and Hyper-V Virtual networks
- 8+ years’ experience in Windows Administration
- Networking certification or equivalent
- Working experience in Microsoft product portfolio
- Working experience with different technology OEMs
- Strong working experience in Networking, WAN, and LAN topology and support
- Strong working experience in installing, configuring, and setting up workstations, servers, printers.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related field, OR equivalent combination of education and work experience.